Lightning current arrestor, 1-pole
MC 50-B VDE: Type 1 (Class B) lightning current arrestor in accordance with DIN EN 61643-11 for interface 0 to 1 (LPZ) to and/or in accordance with lightning protection concept to IEC 61313-1 and/or DIN VDE 0185-305 (IEC 62305)
• Upper part and base, plug-in upper part
• Arresting capacity 50 kA (10/350 µs) per pole
• Protection level • Line following current quenching 25 kA Ipeak
• Incl. plug caps for identifying the connections
• Encapsulated, non-extinguishing spark gap: can be used in standard distributor housings
Application example: Industrial plants; lightning current arrestor in accordance with VDN Directive for pre-meter area.
Note: Required as decoupling length for surge voltage protection of 5 m of cable.